Friday, October 30, 2015

Comparison Is The Thief Of Joy

Today's text conversation:

Me: So I'm kind of a shallow jealous person :( Seeing these Facebook posts... buying houses and cars and being so darn happy. Everything I do is such a struggle.

Natalie: I totally get it. But remember...you have continued to be a real parent. Comparison is the thief of joy. Go write a gratitude list :)

Ugh. I hate it when people throw the stuff I say back at me.

But, Natalie is right. 

So here is my gratitude list for tonight:

  • Six healthy kids all living (mostly) in harmony in my house
  • Being up-to-date on the mortgage of said house even with the financial struggles I've had the past year
  • Watching my daughter's eyes light up when she dances
  • Boys who are really young adults who have taken over more than their fair share of responsibilities in the house
  • Friends who cheer for me
  • The same friends who remind me to get over it when I'm doubting myself 
  • Good car insurance that is paying 100% the cost of the repairs on my car from being rear ended and paying 100% for a rental car while the repairs are being done

No comments:

Post a Comment