Sunday, April 3, 2011

Change The Voices In Your Head

You're so mean, when you talk, about yourself you were wrong. 
Change the voices, in your head, make them like you instead. 
-- Pink F'ing Perfect

What happens when you get what you've wanted for so long? Do you jump for joy and shout it from the roof tops? Or do you get paralyzed with fear and question your worthiness?

I get quiet and scared and make mental lists of why it won't work out anyway.

Why do I do that?

The voices inside my head tell me I'm not good enough. And I believe them. 

At about midnight last night my iPhone beeped with an email that had great news. My first thought was oh no.

Why do I do that?

Today I got on my yoga mat and had a good practice. I moved, I breathed, I was confident.

Then somebody asked me what my good news was and I said oh it's no big deal. I played small.

Why do I do that?

Some days when I'm having trouble settling into meditation, I'll repeat the So Hum mantra. So Hum: I am that. Inhale So, exhale Hum.

I am that. I am worthy. I am loved. I am valuable. I am confident. I am secure. 

I am that. So Hum.

I deserve this opportunity. I've studied, trained and worked for it. I am ready. I accept it. I am. 






11 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah; I really relate to this. I do the same thing! Love your ideas for breathing into it!

    And can't wait to hear what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you DO deserve it!! Whatever it is, ENJOY. :)@MegP4

    ReplyDelete
  3. accept with attitude and grace what gift the universe has bestowed upon you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so worthy...

    Great post. Beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its funny how much power we give that tiny voice in our heads. Sometimes when it gets too much - i go to the mountains, look at the beautiful overlook and scream I AM WORTHY!! Hearing myself say that snaps me out of my constant inner battle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Hum changed my life - we are all worthy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That powerful little voice. But, your Self is more powerful! Rock your good news, yogi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! So Hum! I love, approve, and support myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful! isn't it funny how we belittle our successes? Can't wait to hear what is coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this. this is something i've been experiencing a lot of late after making so many positive changes in my life. love the positive affirmations. happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tend to get excited at first, then start doubting it later....why do we do that? :-) Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Terra

    ReplyDelete