December 18 – Try What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. They tend to be the same things year after year. They also tend to be short-term goal oriented rather than life-long lasting change.
And at what point do you deem the resolution a success or a failure? Is March the appropriate amount of time to lose weight? Should I have a daily meditation practice by June?
So instead of concrete resolutions, next year I will focus on continuing to evolve as a yogi, a mom, a wife, a friend and a human.
Next year I will try to:
- Take my own advice. I'm pretty smart and should listen to myself more often.
- Stand up for myself even if it means people won't think I'm nice
- Say yes more often when the kids want to "help" me
- Admit I'm not Super Woman and accept help when it's offered
- Convince my family eating more of a vegetarian diet won't kill them
- Make more time for friends outside of work/family functions
- Yet not apologize for choosing family over friends
- Take all those things I'd like to do and accept that even small actions toward doing them is a step in the right direction
- Expect as much of those around me as I do myself
- Be a little easier on myself