Me: So I'm kind of a shallow jealous person :( Seeing these Facebook posts... buying houses and cars and being so darn happy. Everything I do is such a struggle.
Natalie: I totally get it. But remember...you have continued to be a real parent. Comparison is the thief of joy. Go write a gratitude list :)
Ugh. I hate it when people throw the stuff I say back at me.
But, Natalie is right.
So here is my gratitude list for tonight:
- Six healthy kids all living (mostly) in harmony in my house
- Being up-to-date on the mortgage of said house even with the financial struggles I've had the past year
- Watching my daughter's eyes light up when she dances
- Boys who are really young adults who have taken over more than their fair share of responsibilities in the house
- Friends who cheer for me
- The same friends who remind me to get over it when I'm doubting myself
- Good car insurance that is paying 100% the cost of the repairs on my car from being rear ended and paying 100% for a rental car while the repairs are being done