Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Forty Four for my next 44 Years

It's actually the day after my 44th birthday. Last night I was just too sick with an ear infection and sinus infection to post a blog. Maybe it was the fever, or maybe just the Nyquil, but I gave a lot of thought to how this birthday is different and what I want to be different in the future.

So here is my list of what I'd like to accomplish in my next 44 years:
  1. Travel more
  2. Dance more
  3. Ride in a hot air balloon
  4. Finally find a sun dress that doesn't make my butt look huge
  5. Skydive
  6. See the Grand Canyon
  7. Not wait for special occasions to dress up
  8. Swim with dolphins
  9. Go on a cruise
  10. Whale watching
  11. Take an aerobics class in Los Angeles with Richard Simmons at his Slimmons Gym
  12. Ride a cable car in San Francisco
  13. Visit all 50 states
  14. Have more fresh flowers in my house
  15. Take a surfing lesson
  16. Take ballroom dance lessons - thanks to a "bring a friend" offer I've already taken two free lessons. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford more lessons.
  17. Be more spontaneous
  18. Encourage my creative side to flourish
  19. Publish my book (It's in the editing process now. I just need to devote more time to it)
  20. Attend Summer Solstice in Times Square 
  21. Finish my 500 hour RYT
  22. Get back to a regular yoga practice again
  23. Get back to a semi-regular meditation practice again
  24. Stress less about finances
  25. Make time to read more 
  26. Redecorate my kitchen
  27. Take more pictures
  28. Walk more
  29. Get a Labradoodle dog
  30. Be able to afford a house cleaner
  31. Watch my kids grow up to be healthy, productive adults
  32. Stay healthy into my old age
  33. Walk the beach more
  34. Take more chances
  35. Attend more live theater
  36. Find a way to combine what I love to do with a way to support myself financially
  37. Laugh more
  38. See my book for sale on Amazon (see #19)
  39. Be debt free
  40. Care a little less what people think
  41. Paint a baseball field onto my backyard
  42. Take the kids to Disney World
  43. Find balance 
  44. Be happy

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, side I failed at my 30 before 30 list this Monday I started writing a 30 in my next 30 list. Great minds think alike! And just in case you want to go for it and knock two things out in one stone we are doing a Disney cruise in the fall of 2018. That's right, I start saving and planning vacations five years out! Get an envelop write Disney Cruise 2018 on it, slip in $5 and start saving. You could even gets the kids involved with a piggy bank in the kitchen. :)

    I love your list. Each of the items seems worthwhile and doable. Make sure you photo document crossing everything off. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What an excellent list. My big to do is drive across, up, down, and around the country in a camper with the hubs and pug. And will :)

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

  3. I really agree with you this really fantastic ? Idea is beautiful

    ReplyDelete