Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Hate The Night

Eight months in and I still hate the night. The sadness creeps alongside the darkness and takes over.

During the day I'm busy being a single mom, full time working mom, teacher, manager, housekeeper, etc. I'm everything to everyone and no one is getting the best of me. I no longer have a best to give.

At night it's just me. Alone. Too much time to think.

No, really, I'm doing good. Getting better everyday. Stronger. More hopeful.

Unexpectedly it hits. A brick wall that crashes on top of me. I'm suffocating down here.

The people I loved have left me. 
The places I've loved are gone. 
Home is no longer home.

2 comments:

  1. Alone thriving. Bending beyond all reason into something new. The change isn't easy, but you are equal to anything set before you. You're a woman. Strength is in your DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are doing great Jennifer, glad to see you here.

    Love to you

    ReplyDelete