Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Peace: #reverb13 Day 18


I am often surprised where I find peace, it is usually in the midst of chaos.

In the midst of living, did you find moments to breathe? Were there moments that held you in the embrace of peace and quiet and pure contentment? 

Did these moments catch you by surprise or did you create the space for peace to find you?


Where I find peace:

Spending time with my kids.

This photo was taken by Bing Osterman Photography. I had no idea that Bing and my kids had planned this and I honestly cried when I opened the wrapping paper. Each of the kids wrote on their hand one word they feel describes our family. In difficult times I will look at this picture and remember why I do what I do.

In the yoga studio.

My mat, my space, my time. I realize now that I have to occasionally be "selfish" and take time for myself to attend a class. More important than keeping me physically strong, it keeps me mentally strong.


Quiet time.







Sometimes it's just driving in the car.















Or snuggled up under blankets on a rainy afternoon.


The beach

I live six hours away from the nearest beach. Too far. The smell of the salt air and the sound of the waves calms me like nothing else can.


This post is part of #reverb13, a series of daily writing prompts to explore the year passed and to manifest the year ahead. This prompt was found at Kat McNally Words To Soothe The Weary Soul.


1 comment: