Sunday, December 29, 2013

Vision Boards

It's that time of year again when all my creative, artsy fartsy yoga fairy friends are making vision boards.  My friends Rick and Jilda Watson have created and blogged about their vision boards as long as I've known them. But, then again, Rick and Jilda are artists and musicians and so they have that creative spirit.

I don't consider myself artsy. I don't like crafts. By my own admission my brain is often too steeped in reality. I'm not much into magical thinking. I know from experience that wishing to lose 10 pounds or to find some lost money doesn't make a skinny body with a heavy wallet into reality.

But this vision board thing is interesting. And since I'm now in the process of reinventing my life it seems like the perfect time to really sit down and figure out what I want.

My understanding is that a vision board isn't just magical or wishful thinking. It's to find clarity on what I want to manifest and then placing those images not only onto paper, but into my subconscious where they can percolate and guide the choices I make this year.

The board itself doesn't impact reality; what changes your life is the process of creating the images—combinations of objects and events that will stick in your subconscious mind and steer your choices toward making the vision real.

(Read more: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/How-to-Make-a-Vision-Board-Find-Your-Life-Ambition-Martha-Beck/2#ixzz2ovCu5FAc)

I don't have a  picture of my vision board to show here because it's not done yet.  I know myself too well. I'll have the tendency to squash my artsy fairy side and be too realistic and logical about it all. So I'm going to take my time and slowly gather images to include as I find them.

I'm looking forward to creating the image of a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment