Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Loving What Is: #reverb14 Day 3

It’s all too easy to put off loving where we are until everything is perfect. What can you love about where you are now?


I've had a pretty tough past few weeks. Not the worst I've ever had, but definitely not good. And it sent me spiraling downward in a way that hasn't happened for a couple years.

Thanks to my years of yoga and meditation I've gotten better about realizing when I'm spiraling down and helping myself climb back up. This most recent bout the thought popped into my head a couple times that I need to find something to be grateful for. If I look hard enough there must be something.

I looked. I kinda sorta briefly looked. And I didn't find anything. But it's amazing what a night of sleep and a good, hard sweaty gym session can do for my mental health and outlook.

Get some sleep, drop some sweat and suddenly the world looks a lot different.

My life today isn't any more perfect than it was two weeks ago. But today I can see that the sun actually is still shining. There are people around me who are hurting with me yet we are holding each other up. I hate that I'm in a place now where I have to face the big bad world all alone. But I love knowing that I have the strength to face it, fight it and make it out alive.

I've been very fortunate to have had my years immersed in yoga to help me learn the skills to get through the bad times. And I thank God for the ability to write and get the crazy out of my head and on to the paper.

My life isn't perfect. It never has been. I'm not loving my life right now. But today I am able to have hope that I will one day say "I am in love with this life of mine."


This post is part of #reverb14, a series of daily writing prompts to explore the year passed and to manifest the year ahead. This prompt was found at Kat McNally Words To Soothe The Weary Soul.



1 comment:

  1. One day you will say that, Jennifer. And so much more. You got this. x

    ReplyDelete